I am super happy to have been tagged in the Liebster Blog Award by Kelly at Reading Kelly. The Liebster Award is for us bloggers who have less that 200 followers but do good things! Award winners have to share 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged them, and then come up with their own 11 questions for the 11 bloggers that they tag in the award!!
So without further ado…
11 Random Facts About Me.
1. I am 21 years old going on 71.
2. A complete social media freak.
3. I can find people wherever I go who like to read nearly as much as me
4. My favourite scent is freshly cut grass
5. I hate coffee
6. Self confessed tea addict
7. Work in marketing
8. Live in a dream world
9. Love painting my nails pretty
10. I don’t have any pets
11. I still sleep with a teddy bear
11 Questions from Kelly
1. Where do you keep all of your unread books- together or scattered throughout your shelves?
I actually have them scattered through my shelves. I don’t have much room to store books at the moment so I stack them where I can. In an ideal world however I will have a TBR shelf!
2. Do your book selections vary by season?
Not really. I tend to read the same genre all year round.
3. What is your favorite foods?
Chilli Con Carne, Chocolate, Bananas and Marshmallows – but not all together, and not necessarily in that order!
4. Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?
I will always give them a quick read when I purchase or borrow the book. They I have been known to sometimes read it again when I am part way through the book to see if it measures up!!
5. Any quirky reading habits?
I love to read whenever I can, so when I am eating alone I often read as well. It does lead to some embarrassing food stains on book or trying to eat my Kindle moments when I am so into a story I loose all sense and co-ordination.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
I would go to Canada. I have heard nothing but good things about it from friends, family and books. My favorite author Kelley Armstrong is also Canadian and I would love to meet her if the chance ever arose – I am also a bit apprehensive that it would turn into a situation like “The Fault in Our Stars” so maybe not….
7. When did your love of reading begin?
As long as I can remember I have always loved reading, but there is one notable time when it was truelly reinforced. I went to the local library with my favorite teacher from Primary School, I was around 7 years old, and she asked me what book I was looking for. I said anything by Jacquline Wilson. She looked so impressed that I liked books that was a wee bit advanced for my age, that it wasn’t a picture book and that I even had a favorite author! From that day on I began to fully accept my love of reading as something not to be ashamed of!
8. What are the best and worst books you have read lately?
Best: Dragon Riders of Pern books – I have fully fallen in love with the whole series.
Worst: A book I can’t even remeber the name by Cheri Schmidt – It was an awful Twilight rip off and I couldn’t get past the first chapter.
9. Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
Cooking, walking, mountain biking & singing… badly!
10. Which do you prefer- the beginning or end of a story?
I love re-reading stories most because I pick up all the little clues that the beginning of books give to its outcome. There is something about this recognition that I adore. So the beginnings!
11. What is your fondest book memory?
All the times I have ever had a true book nerdy conversation with anyone. The discovery of someone else who loves books as much as me really makes me happy – and I often look back on them as the thing that cements our relationship!
My 11 Questions to Nominees
1. When did you discover your love of books?
2. Where do you read the most?
3. Can you read whilst listening to music or whilst the TV is on?
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
5. Why did you decided to start blogging?
6. Why do you blog about books?
7. Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
8. What is your worst habit?
9. Hardback or paperback book?
10.Who is your favourite author?
11. What do you want to be doing / where do you want to be in 5 years time?
I Award to Liebster Award to: